You can stream your Wyze Camera from a PC through a web browser, RTSP Protocol, or the Bluestacks Android emulator.
If you want to keep an eye on your home while you’re away, the Wyze Cam is an excellent option since it can be synced with your smartphone with Wyze’s official mobile app.
But what if you need to see Wyze recorded footage but don’t have your phone with you?
Recently, while I was working at my day job, the battery on my phone died, and I needed to access my Wyze cameras in order to show a funny little recorded accident to my coworkers.
I researched and found the easiest way to do that within seconds!
How to View Wyze Cam on PC?
I’ll show you how to access your Wyze cam on a PC with nothing more than a web browser.
There are 3 ways you can view Wyze cam on your PC!
- You can do it using a web browser.
- You can do it using Bluestack Android Emulator.
- You can also do it with the RTSP protocol.
Using a browser is probably the easiest and most common way to stream your Wyze Cameras on your PC, but it comes with a catch!
You will have to buy a Wyze Cam Plus subscription, which is about $1.7/cam/mo, in order to stream the cams on your PC.
You need the Wyze Cam Plus Subscription
As I have mentioned earlier, to stream Wyze cams on your PC, you will have to buy a paid subscription from Wyze.
While there is another way to stream on a PC without cost, it is more complicated and requires you to use an Android emulator, which is definitely not fun. (You can access the free method by clicking here.)
At the time of writing this guide, the Cam Plus subscription costs around $1.99/mo or $20/yr per camera. So, if you want to stream 5 Wyze cameras on your PC, get ready to pay around $100/yr.
The Cam Plus subscription is not only for streaming on PC but comes with many other great benefits, which you can find here.
Now with all that in mind, let me show you how to watch Wyze Cam on PC.
1. Watch Wyze Cam on PC using a Web Browser
When using the most recent web browsers, Wyze will function without a hitch. Anyone can quickly access and view recordings with only a few clicks in a web browser.
- Just open any web browser on your PC. For me, I am going with Chrome.
- Go to the Wyze Live Streaming section on their website.
- Login with the same Wyze account you use for the mobile application.
- After signing in, you’ll be able to see live footage from any of your paid Cam Plus subscribed cameras.
Easy and simple! Using this method, you can stream Wyze cameras on any of the device’s browsers.
Go ahead if you want to watch Wyze on a gaming console or maybe a smart TV!
Now, the question is, after accessing my Wyze cameras, how should I stream or watch recorded events? Let’s get into it.
Stream your Security Cams
Once you access Wyze Cameras on their streaming website, you can only watch footage from Cam-Plus-enabled cameras.
- You will be able to see the name of each camera.
- Click on the play button on the camera you want to stream.
- The selected cam will start live streaming immediately, and you can enlarge the window, mute, and unmute from there.
Stream the Recorded Events
In my case, I wanted to watch a recorded event.
You may utilize the events section on the Wyze streaming website to locate a moment when motion was detected.
To view the recorded events, play any video in full-screen mode and tap the clock icon on the right corner of the screen.
Each video is arranged in a time-based, chronological list. Unless a user specifically downloads a clip, it will remain in the cloud for 30 days.
It’s up to you to decide whether to watch the video in a window or full-screen mode. Select all videos if you are unsure of when an incident took place.
2. Use Bluestacks Android Emulator if you don’t have Wyze Cam Plus
Well, if you don’t want to go over the board and buy a subscription, using an Android emulator is a free alternative.
Plenty of Android emulators are available, but BlueStacks is by far the most well-known. If you’re a gamer, you’ve undoubtedly heard of BlueStacks and similar emulators.
To stream using Bluestacks, follow these guidelines:
- Go to the BlueStacks website and download it on your PC.
- Once it is downloaded, install it.
- Open up BlueStacks after the installation is finished, and log in to your Google account.
- Search for the Wyze cam app on the google play store inside the BlueStacks and download it.
- Login to your Wyze account; from there, you can stream all of your cameras just like you do on your phone.
That is it! Enjoy streaming Wyze without paying!
This is only a temporary solution because BlueStacks has a lot of bugs, and you might have to update it time-to-time. Also, updating an app in BlueStacks is a difficult task!
3. Direct Stream Wyze Cam through RTSP Protocol
This is also a free method to watch Wyze cam on a PC using RTSP protocol.
RTSP stands for “Real-Time Streaming Protocol.” As long as your camera supports RTSP, you may access its live video feed from various platforms.
Before proceeding with this method, you must install the VLC Media player on your PC.
You must also enable the RTSP on your cameras:
- Open the Wyze application on your phone.
- Tap on the Setting Gear icon in the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap on Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and you will find RTSP. (If you can’t see the RTSP option, you must update the RTSP firmware on your Wyze Cameras.)
- Please turn it on RTSP.
- The RTSP will ask you to set a username and password for the protocol, and once you enter both, it will generate a URL.
That’s it. You will now have RTSP URL, and that is all you need.
Once you have downloaded VLC on your PC and generated the RTSP URL, proceed with these steps:
- Open up the VLC Media player on your PC.
- Go to Media.
- Click Open Network Stream.
- Paste the generated RTSP URL from the Wyze application.
- Click on the Play button, and it will start streaming right away.
The stream may have a 10-second delay because the RTSP protocol is not that advanced.
BONUS: The easiest way to stream Wyze Cam on an Apple Computer
If you own a Macbook or an iMac, streaming Wyze is way easier for you.
Follow these guidelines:
- Just go to the App Store.
- Search for Wyze.
- Download the Wyze app from there.
- Login to your Wyze account.
That’s it! Easy and without buying that Cam Plus subscription.
Final Thoughts on Viewing Wyze on a PC
Although there are multiple options to watch Wyze on a PC, I prefer to do it using a browser.
Wyze makes it incredibly easy to stream your security cams using a browser, whether on your phone or PC.
- Wyze camera wireless setup
- Wyze Error Code 90 (Solved)
- Wyze Cam Not Recording Events
- How to Power Cycle Wyze Camera
- How Do I Factory Reset Wyze Cam?
- Fix Wyze Cam Outdoor Yellow Light Problem