To pair your Xfinity remote with your TV, set the TV to the correct input, press the remote’s ‘setup’ button until the LED light turns green, then press the ‘Xfinity’ button. Enter the three-digit code and follow the prompts to complete the Xfinity remote pairing setup.
I was in the same position as you, my kid broke the TV remote, and I had to buy a new one. Quite frustrating!
The frustration didn’t end with just buying a new one; I had to repeat the setup process of pairing Xfinity remote to TV.
With limited time available, I aimed to complete the setup process swiftly. My extensive research on the Xfinity website and community forums revealed that connecting the Xfinity remote to the TV posed minimal difficulty.
By diligently following the step-by-step instructions on the Xfinity website and within their supportive community forums, I effortlessly learned how to connect Xfinity remote to TV, expediting the setup quickly.
Xfinity remotes aren’t typical, and that’s a good thing. I used to find it a bit complex initially, but I got used to it quickly.
So, How Do you Link the Xfinity Remote with your TV?
In simple words, open the online code lookup tool, choose your Xfinity remote model and TV brand, then enter the code. You are done.
The process is very similar and not so similar for different models of remotes. Let’s jump into details like X1, XR11, and XR16.
How to Pair Xfinity Remote to TV?
To program Xfinity remote to TV, you need to find your remote model; I have mentioned the pairing tutorial for these models below, including X1/XR15, XR11, and XR16.
If you have a different model, you go to Xfinity Remote guides to find out how to do it for your remote model.
How to Pair X1/XR15 Remote to TV?
- Go to the Xfinity Remote Code lookup tool, select your remote and TV model (X1/XR15), and note down the code.
- While the TV is turned on, press and hold the mute and Xfinity buttons together until the indicator turns green.
- Now enter the 4-5 digit code you found on the Xfinity lookup tool.
The indicator on the remote will “flash green twice.” It’s a signal that the setup has been completed successfully.
How to Pair XR11 Remote to TV?
The setup process of XR11 is very much similar to X1.
- You go to the online Xfinity tool, select your Remote model (XR11) and the model of your TV, and you will be given a code.
- Now, you have the setup button on the remote, unlike in the case of X1.
- Press and hold the setup button until the indicator turns green.
- Enter the code you found on the Xfinity tool.
Voila, if the indicator turns green twice, you must do it.
How to Pair XR16 Remote to TV?
The process of pairing XR16 to a TV and the Flex (Set-top box) is entirely different.
Let’s say you want to connect the remote to your TV or an Audio device. You just can’t. The issue with XR16, you still need to pair it with the Xfinity TV box to do that.
So if you have an Xfinity Set-top-box, well and good; if not, don’t buy this remote as it’s useless.
So let’s pair Xfinity remote to box first, and then we will pair it with the TV later.
- Make sure your TV and set-top box are both turned on.
- Point your remote to the Xfinity set-top box and press the voice button.
- That’s it; you will be given all the instructions on your TV screen to finish the pairing process.
Now the remote has been paired with the TV box, let’s pair it with the TV.
- Point your remote to the TV.
- Press and hold the voice buttons and say, “Program remote.”
- The instructions will appear on the screen; select your TV model, and you will be done.
Last Thoughts on How to Set Up Xfinity Remote to TV
Other than XR16, all of the remote setups are quite similar and easy to follow. All you have to do is to find the code online on the Xfinity website, and the rest of the setup is extremely simple.
Every TV manufacturer has various remote codes, so try another if one doesn’t work.
If none of the codes work, and the Xfinity remote is flashing green and then red, you might have to reset your remote to factory settings.
- Xfinity Throttling Internet
- Xfinity Not Getting Full Speed
- Xfinity: No Ranging Response Received – T3 Time-Out
- Xfinity Early Termination: How to Cancel Xfinity Internet Service?