To install apps on your Hisense Smart TV, you can use the app stores provided by VEWD, Google, or Hisense. The VEWD App Store is designed for cloud-based apps, while the Google Play Store and Hisense App Store allow you to download and install apps directly on your TV.
Hisense makes incredible smart TVs; I’ve been using one for a while now, and I’m always impressed by its features.
It comes with some applications pre-installed, so you can start streaming right out of the box, but there are probably some Hisense TV apps you’d want to use that aren’t included.
And then the question arises, “How to Download Apps on Hisense Smart TV?”
Does the Hisense Smart TV have an app store? If these things worry you, you can be confident that they will all be addressed in this guide.
How to Download and Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Before installing any app, you must connect your Hisense smart TV to your home WiFi.
Follow these steps to connect your TV to the internet:
- Go to “Settings.”
- In the settings menu, select “Network.”
- Select the first option, “Network Configuration: Disconnected,” and press the OK button.
- Select the Connection Type as “Wireless.”
- Select your WiFi connection.
- Type the password and press the OK button.
That’s it, the internet is now connected, and you are ready to proceed with the app installation process.
There are three ways to download and install apps on a Hisense Smart TV. You can do it from the VEWD App system, google play store, or the Hisense App Store.
Let’s discuss all 3 of them.
1. Downloading Apps using Hisense Smart TV App Store
We will learn how to download apps on Hisense VIDAA smart TV in this method.
- Ensure your TV is on the homepage; if not, press the home button on the remote to do so.
- Go to “My Apps” and press the OK button.
- Select “App Store” from “My Apps” and press OK.
- In the app store, you may use the arrow buttons to browse through categories to find an app, or you can also search.
- If you have an old remote, you can type using the on-screen keyboard, but you can also speak your query with the new voice remote.
- Once you find the app you want to download, select it and press the OK button.
- Once you choose the app, select “Install” and press the OK button. The download will start immediately.
- It may take up to a minute for the download to finish. After the download is completed, you’ll get options to open or remove.
It is that easy, just like installing apps on your smartphone!
2. Download Apps on Hisense Smart TV using Google Play Store
This method could be the simplest and the most recommended method to get apps onto your Smart TV.
To download the apps using the play store, be sure to follow the steps that are indicated below:
- Go to the “Apps” on the home screen using the remote control and press the OK button.
- Select “Get more Apps” and hit the OK button on your remote control.
- You must sign in to your Google account. (If you don’t have a Google account, you can sign up for a new one.)
- You can browse all the free apps in the google store, or for the easier option, you can also search for the app you want to install.
- Once you find the app you want to install, select the app, and hit the OK button on your remote.
- Select “Install” and hit the OK button again.
- That’s it; once the app is downloaded, it will be installed automatically.
Enjoy installing your favorite Hisense Smart TV apps!
3. Download Apps on Hisense using the VEWD App Store
The VEWD App Store is designed for cloud-based apps and allows you to access them without downloading.
So, you will not be able to install applications directly into your Smart TV.
To get started, please proceed with the following steps:
- Using the remote control for your Hisense Smart TV, go to the Apps menu.
- Select the “VEWD App Store” from the list of available options and press the OK button.
- You will find a filter option at the very top of your TV screen. (This option allows you to organize the applications list into several categories, including New, Popular, Movies & TV Series, Music, Sports, Technology, Games, and many more.)
- Choose an application from the menu, then hit the OK button on the remote control for your Hisense TV. (Since it’s a cloud-based app, it launches without downloading.)
You may also put numerous applications into Favorites on your TV by using the VEWD App System.
Last Thoughts on How to Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV
To summarize, there are three ways to download and install the apps on a Hisense Smart TV. The easiest one is from the google play store. Though if you want to access some cloud-based apps, the VEWD app store is recommended.