I have written many guides on Vizio recently, and today I will talk about how you can get the Spectrum app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Technically, Spectrum is not yet available on Vizio SmartCast OS, the operating system of Vizio Smart TVs.
For now, only Samsung Smart TVs have the luxury to support Spectrum application.
I have talked on Vizio forums and tried getting help from their customer support; unfortunately, they had no solution to getting the Spectrum app directly.
But after hours of research, I found some ways, but they are a bit unpleasant, and some require you to buy a streaming device.
Without wasting any time, let me get you straight to the possibilities.
Possible ways to get the Spectrum App on Vizio TV
There are 3 ways you can get the Spectrum on your Vizio Smart TV.
- When using the Spectrum TV app on your mobile device or computer, you may “cast” it to your TV with SmartCast Feature.
- You can also use an external Google Chromecast.
- You can use a Roku Streaming Device.
Since Chromecast supports the Spectrum app, if your Vizio TV is one of the latest models and has a built-in Chromecast (SmartCast), you can easily cast the spectrum app from your smartphone to your TV.
However, we have alternatives if your TV is old and lacks a built-in Chromecast (SmartCast) feature.
1. Get Spectrum App on your Vizio Smart TV using SmartCast
Vizio rebranded Google Chromecast as SmartCast for their TVs for branding purposes.
If your TV supports SmartCast, you can quickly cast the Spectrum from your smartphone to your TV.
However, it can be difficult to tell whether your Vizio TV supports SmartCast.
Does your Vizio TV have SmartCast?
Only TVs made in 2018 or later will be able to use the SmartCast function because that is when Vizio first began incorporating it into their TVs.
If you still have the TV’s original packaging, you can use it to locate the model number.
However, if you don’t have the packaging, follow these steps to find it:
- Turn on your TV and go to the menu.
- Either go to Help or System.
- Go to the System Information section.
- There you will find your TV’s model number.
If your TV’s model number begins with “D,” “V,” “M,” or “P,” or if it’s an OLED TV, then it does support SmartCast. However, if your TV’s model number starts from a different alphabet, you can google your model number to find out.
Compatibility Requirements for the Spectrum App
Once you confirm the model number and ensure that your TV supports casting, you must fulfill the Spectrum app’s requirements.
You need stable wireless Internet in your home because you will transmit data over WiFi.
Buffering and complete stream interruptions are both possible results of an unreliable connection. So, a healthy Internet connection is a must.
Install the Spectrum App on your Smartphone
Go to your phone’s app store, search for the Spectrum app and install it.
You may start streaming to your TV as soon as you download the app and sign in with your Spectrum account.
Cast Spectrum on Your Vizio TV from Your Smartphone
- Once again, ensure that your smartphone and the Vizio TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Go to your app drawer and open the Google Home app.
- Google Home will automatically search and show available devices to cast on the same WiFi.
- Select your Vizio TV. (This will connect your phone to your TV’s built-in SmartCast.)
- Now open up the Spectrum TV application, and tap on the TV icon in the top-right corner.
- Select your Vizio TV, and voila! Enjoy streaming Spectrum TV on your Vizio TV.
Cast Spectrum on your Vizio TV from your Computer
You can also cast from your computer. Just follow these steps:
- Open up Google Chrome and ensure that you have the latest version.
- Sign in to the same google account you have had in your Google Home application on your phone.
- Go to the Spectrum streaming website, and sign in to your Spectrum account.
- Put on the show you want to watch.
- Right-click on the page and select the Cast option, and select the Vizo TV from the list of available devices.
That’s it; Spectrum will start streaming on your TV.
2. Use an External Google Chromecast if your Vizio TV doesn’t have Built-in
If your Vizio TV doesn’t have the SmartCast or built-in Chromecast, you can always buy an external Chromecast.
Go to Amazon or Google Store, and buy yourself a Chromecast stick.
Plug it back into any available HDMI port and power it up with a USB port, and your TV now has a Chromecast.
Now you can follow the casting methods I have discussed above. You can cast from your phone or computer as you would via SmartCast.
3. Use a Roku Streaming Stick to stream Spectrum App on your Vizio TV
If you have a Roku stick, you can use it to get the Spectrum application on your Vizio TV.
- Plug it into an HDMI Port on your Vizio TV.
- Head to the Search section and type Spectrum TV in the search bar.
- Navigate to the Spectrum TV option on the left side of the screen and select it.
- Select Add Channel. (It will take some time to process.)
- After adding the channel, choose OK to finish.
The Spectrum TV application is now available for use on your Vizio TV.
Spectrum TV Subscription Plans
You must subscribe to a Spectrum plan to stream content from their application.
They are currently offering 3 plans for residential consumers:
- Basic Plan: This plan offers 125+ channels at $59.99/month and includes all primary cable TV channels, including FX, NBC, and CNN.
- Intermediate Plan: This plan offers 205+ channels at $71.99/month and includes all of the channels in the basic plan with additional entertainment channels, including OWN, Disney XD, and some cooking channels.
- Apex Plan: This plan offers 228+ channels at $77.99/month and includes additional sports channels not available in the plans mentioned above.
So, whatever plans you buy, you can stream all of the channels to your Vizio TV from the methods discussed above.
It is vital to call Spectrum to find out what plan options are available to you since they vary depending on your location.
You can call them at 855 366 7132.
Spectrum is constantly updating its app with new features; however, not all TVs are currently supported.
Only a few TV operating systems, including Google TV and Samsung’s Tizen, are currently supported by Spectrum.
So, either shift to another brand, as Vizio is currently not supporting most of the giant streaming applications or buy a Roku stick!
- Vizio TV won’t turn on but Orange Light is On
- Where is the Power Button on a Vizio TV?
- Vizio TV Black Screen