Yes, you can easily Chromecast Apple TV by using the latest Chromecast with Google TV OS. Simply download the Apple TV app from the Google TV App Store and log in to your Apple TV account. Then, you can browse and stream Apple TV content directly on your Chromecast.
Some people might want to cast Apple TV to Chromecast because they either have a Chromecast device but not an Apple TV device or they want to watch Apple TV content on a larger screen.
Apple TV does not support Chromecast natively, so there are a few workarounds that users can use to cast Apple TV to Chromecast.
This article will show you three ways to cast Apple TV to Chromecast: using a Chromecast with Google TV OS, using an older Chromecast model with a computer, and using a third-party mobile app.
We will also explore compatibility issues and possible solutions for those who want a uniform streaming experience.
For those looking for a uniform streaming experience, we explore compatibility issues and possible solutions.
It is important to note that not all devices are compatible with Chromecast or Apple TV.
For example, older Chromecast models may not be compatible with the latest version of the Apple TV app. Additionally, some third-party mobile apps may not be compatible with Chromecast or Apple TV.
If you are having trouble casting Apple TV to Chromecast, you can try the following:
- Check that your Chromecast and Apple TV devices are compatible. You can find a list of compatible devices on the Chromecast and Apple TV websites.
- Make sure that your Chromecast and Apple TV devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Update your Chromecast firmware. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates & Security > Check for updates.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. You can check for updates by going to Help > About Google Chrome.
- If you are using a third-party mobile app to cast Apple TV to Chromecast, make sure that the app is compatible with both Chromecast and Apple TV.
How to Cast Apple TV to Chromecast?
There are three ways to cast Apple TV to Chromecast.
With that said, let’s explore these methods in detail!
1. Cast Apple TV to Chromecast with Google TV OS
If you have the latest Chromecast (Chromecast 3 or later), you can easily cast your Apple TV by installing its application.
- Go to “App Store” on your Chromecast with Google OS.
- Search for “Apple TV.”
- Install the Apple TV App.
- After installing, open the app and log in to your Apple TV account.
If your Chromecast device is not listed in the Google TV App Store, you may need to update your Chromecast firmware.
You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates & Security > Check for updates.
That is it! You can now browse Apple shows and stream content via Chromecast Google OS.
2. Cast Apple TV to Chromecast without Google TV OS using a Computer
If you have an older Chromecast (v1 or v2), you can still cast the Apple TV using a computer with Google Chrome.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC or Laptop.
- Go to Apple TV and sign in to your account.
- Play the show you want to cast.
- Click the menu icon on Chrome (3-vertical-dots) and click on “Cast…”
- Select your Chromecast from the available options.
This method has the limitation that your PC must be powered on while casting. This can be inconvenient, especially if you want to watch Apple TV content for a long time.
That is it! Your PC will then cast that browser screen to your Google Chromecast.
The only issue with this method is that you must keep your PC powered ON.
3. Cast Apple TV to Chromecast using a Third-party Mobile App
In case you don’t have access to a PC either, there is a third way to cast your Apple TV to Chromecast using 3rd-party mobile applications!
The app called “DoCast” is quite famous for casting from Apple iOS devices to Chromecast.
Follow these steps to do so:
- First of all, install DoCast on your iPhone or iPad.
- Ensure your Chromecast and iOS devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the DoCast app and accept all the permissions it requires to operate.
- It will provide a list of available Chromecasts; choose the one you want to cast on.
- Select the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Now, it will mirror the display available on your iOS device to your Chromecast.
- All you have to do now is open the Apple TV app on your iPhone and play the content you want to stream on Chromecast, which will be mirrored on your Chromecast as well!
DoCast is free to try, and you should explore the app before buying the paid version. Screen mirroring copyrighted content won’t work, and some Apple Music tracks might not play due to DRM or cloud storage.
Which Casting Method is Right for You?
In conclusion, the best method for casting Apple TV to Chromecast depends on the devices you have available. If you have a Chromecast with Google TV OS, the best method is to install the Apple TV app from the Google TV App Store.
If you have an older Chromecast model, you can cast Apple TV using a computer with Google Chrome or a third-party mobile application like DoCast for iOS devices.